For Kristus gav seg sjølv for oss. Han ville fria oss ut frå all urettferd og reinsa oss, så vi kan vera hans eige folk som med ihuge gjer gode gjerningar. Titus 2,14

onsdag 29. desember 2010

Happy skiing

Me and Ivan (9) had this very nice trip two days ago. He impressed me.

Skiing in the forest! Shining low sun, cold fresh air. So cold that his fingers froze during our meal break, but no complaints: he just told me, and said: "We'd better hurry, so I can get my warmth back".

Ivan is not an experienced skier. But he managed. Still, hard-trampled uphills were difficult. He would slip back, slip back, fall, slide down to the bottom of the hill....and try again: 2 metres in the right direction, slip, 1,5 metres back...rise up! Try again....Go, go, go, oh, NO! .....On his feet again, come on...

And that was what really lifted me that day: He did not give in. He listened to my advice to carry his skies the longest and steepest uphills, but also he let himself try, try and try again the easier ones. With a smile. With a joke. No complaints at all. Trying to follow my instructions: use your skies as a knife - sharp edges toward the ground. Trample! Trample! Hang on your sticks!

I sent his soccer coaches some warm thoughts. What great things you have done for this boy!  Taught him fighting spirit. Or should I blame his dad? Yes, I think so, too...what a great thing to teach one's children.

-

We had lots of time to investigate interesting things we passed on our way.
This is probably a parked-away band-bus. Nice!
We also watched som big boys - well, adults - flying their model airplanes.  And how beautiful the sceneries!

Next time, I think I ought to bring him to a hill and teach him some techniques so he can really win his battles, too, and not only tolerate them.
:)

1 kommentar: